Air travel is one of the most convenient ways to travel long distances and makes getting to overseas locations easy. However, many people get stressed when it comes time to locate transportation from the airport to their destination. There is an option for an affordable taxi service or various shuttle services. Which should you take though? Should you take a taxi or shuttle? This article explores both focusing on pros and cons to help your decision.
Taxis: Pros and Cons
When it comes to getting a taxi, there are a few pros and cons that you should consider when you attempt to make your decision. The pros are:
- Most taxis are private, ensuring you are the only passenger.
- Airports have taxi lines, making it easier to get a taxi when you are ready.
- Taxis help you be more flexible with your time, which is great if you arrive early or late.
While those pros are great, there are some cons you should consider before making your decision. They are:
- Taxi services are not a flat rate, and prices depend on the company, gas prices, and how far you will travel to your destination.
- Taxi drivers may take a longer route than is needed due to the fare not being a flat rate.
- On busy days, you might wait for a long time before getting a taxi.
Shuttles: Pros and Cons
On the other side of transportation services, we have shuttles that take you from the airport to your destination. There are a few great pros and some cons to consider. The pros are:
- You pay a flat rate for a shuttle service, which helps you make your budget for your travels.
- You can make reservations for transport to take you to your specific destination.
Shuttles are cheaper than taxis overall.
There are a few cons to consider as well. These are:
- You are likely to have more passengers on the shuttle, making it not as private as a taxi. You can, however, reserve a shuttle for private transport, ensuring you do not have other passengers in the vehicle with you.
- You might have several stops as the shuttle stops for other passengers at their destinations.
- If you arrive too early, you will need to wait for your specific shuttle if another is already full.
As you can see, there are some great pros and a few cons to both taxis and shuttles. The one thing many people find attractive about shuttle services is that it is easier to budget for their travels, as well as feeling safer. Look at these pros and cons to make your decision as you start planning your next vacation or job travel.